- Child Welfare Information Gateway. (2013). Impact of adoption on adopted persons. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Children’s Bureau
- Cossar, Jeanette and Elsbeth Neil. “Making Sense of Siblings: Connections and Severances in Post‐Adoption Contact.” Child & Family Social Work, vol. 18, no. 1, Feb. 2013, pp. 67-76. EBSCOhost.
- Observer Review: Critics: Film: FILM OF THE WEEK: The Blind Side (128 mins, 12A) Directed by John Lee Hancock; starring Sandra Bullock, Quinton Aaron, Tim McGraw, Kathy Bates The mother of all football moms: Oscar-winning Sandra Bullock is almost insufferable in this feelgood movie tackling racial issues in America’s new south.” Observer [London, England], 28 Mar. 2010, p. 32. Infotrac Newsstand.
- Samuels, Gina Miranda. ““Being Raised by White People”: Navigating Racial Difference among Adopted Multiracial Adults.” Journal of Marriage & Family, vol. 71, no. 1, Feb. 2009, pp. 80-94. EBSCOhost.
- Smith, Darron T., et al. White Parents, Black Children : Experiencing Transracial Adoption. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2011. EBSCOhost.
- The Blind Side. Dir. John Lee Hancock. Warner Bros. 2009. Film.