Audio Bio: Lin “Flora” Seavey

Lin "Flora" Seavey standing in front of a mirror taking a selfie

Flora

Hello, I am Flora. You may recognize me as the person who played the trumpet as loud as they could out their window at 9 pm on a Tuesday night 

I have the important announcement to make that I am out there and I will not hesitate 

Do you ever open your window to hear the sound of the cicadas? Let their cries wash over you like the rising tides? (cicada start) Lay down in the grass and become at peace. One day we shall return to the earth and the trees will feed on our flesh and we will be reborn anew in the leaves. (cicada end) 

One time when I was 13, may family went to Portland oregan for a wedding. A random man approached me while we were waiting for a bus. He extended his middle finger and said “do you know what this means? It means f-“ (bleep) 

My dream job is being a mermaid or siren. I want to sing on the rocks in the ocean. Drowning rude men also sounds fun. But mostly I just want to look at cool fish. If I cant do that I’d like to work in medical administration, while independently writing and illustrating my own webcomic, 

My favorite book is a hat full of sky by terry prachett. A young talented witch with insecurities, trying to learn what is the point of her witchcraft. What really makes a witch? The power of insecurities when they take a hold of you and make you do stuff you What really matters is the point witch hat in your soul. 

I wish I could take naps, but my existential dread and fear of death and the acceleration of time makes me feel like naps will make me die faster. Time creeps up on us all, I wish to prolong it. However, I have absolutely no intention of ever dying. 

Dear Calvin and Hobbes, 

How are you my darling cats? Are you doing alright? How many times have you puked on the carpet since I left for college? I miss your fluffy tummies. I am going to smooch your perfect little heads next time I see you. I love you so much my angels, my perfect boys, my sweet baby seals. 

Did you know that the most deadly species of cat is the black-footed cat? They’re very small and adorable. Did you know that one of the first known cat species, the clouded leopard, has ankle joints that swivel around so they can climb both up and down trees? I love them. I hope they’re all having wonderful days. 

I keep hearing children screaming (screaming start) outside of my window all morning long, and sometimes I hear something that sounds like an electric saw. (saw start) I’m kind of concerned, but I’m not going to be opening my blinds because I don’t want to become a witness. (both end) 

Well that’s all for today, thank you for listening, remember to like comment and subscribe, and next week ill be back with episode 598 of my minecraft lets play. (crappy dubstep outro)