9) My Remix: Photographs

https://sites.google.com/view/digitalpublishingremixproject/home

(click the pink heart on the title slide first before continuing to the second!)

For the first time in a while, I am extremely happy with a project. I spent a lot of time (probably more than I should) making this into something I would be proud of. Using Genial.ly.com, I decided to remix a short short that I wrote last semester and turn it into an interactive series of images that resemble a slide show. The text is about about a woman who realizes she is unhappy with her life and how she is being treated. It is told through first person perspective as she walks past the photographs in her house while reminiscing on those times and discovering what is right for her and her daughter. I chose the text Photographs because I knew I could expand on it and play around with the idea of using many images in different ways. The audience for the remix is mostly teens and young adults, or anyone who is looking to read¬†fiction, but are also looking for an interactive experience as well. However, this remix is not long and therefore would not be suitable for an audience looking for longer interactive stories or novels. The purpose is to entertain, so I hope you enjoy what I’ve created!¬†

About taylorjp 15 Articles
Jordyn Taylor is a Junior Creative Writing and Publishing and Editing double Major from Bangor, Pennsylvania. She is the Head Editor of the Common Reading Internship, the Junior Director of FUSE, and a student ambassador. She is also a lover of murder mysteries, poetry slams, red velvet cupcakes, and anything out of the ordinary. She has found her voice through her writing and loves to showcase that work whenever she can.