13. e-Portfolio

Pulling right up from last week’s posts on hypertext, we can easily transition into discussing our e-portfolios, because, as Kathleen Yancey says in her essay “Portfolio, Electronic, and the Link Between”, ““the portfolio is itself a hypertext: a collection open to multiple, cross-generic exhibits, a collection that can be read/written according to the reader’s intent” (Yancey 130.) A portfolio is a collection of multimedia works, and, digitally, contains hypertext in how the web of content is strung.

My e-portfolio will begin with a table of contents, all of which are hyperlinked to their corresponding pages. The selection of work will likely include two of our bigger projects and a few of my best blog posts of the semester. I think I have written quite a wide variety of them. I hope that my portfolio will contain several different genres of work, and a spectrum of mode-channeled creativity.

According to Yancey, the portfolio should also include a reflection for “authentic purposes” (131,) so my reflection will focus on my development in writing, editing, and publishing both digitally and traditionally, as it applies to the course specifically. I hope to also discuss how each of my works differs in terms of rhetoric, audience, genre, etc., as well as how effective I believe them all to be under their own circumstances. I would like to look closely at my development especially in my rationales, because I have struggled with them seemingly less and less as the course went on, and I am proud of the progress I have made.

Understanding digital texts might sound easy, but I learned more by working on these projects than I thought even existed in the world of digital publishing and platforms, so I also want to discuss my development in terms of knowledge and capabilities in using such knowledge to my advantage when working on projects for class and possibly even outside of that.

Word Count: 315

Work Cited:

Yancey, Kathleen Blake. “Portfolio, Electronic, and the Links Between.” Computers and Composition, 1996, p. 129-133.